Envirotech’s Tasty Thursday- Strawberry Pound Cake
1C Butter (softened)
5 Large Eggs
1/2 tsp Strawberry Extract
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 1/4C Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 C Sour Cream
3/4 C Chopped Fresh Strawberries
1C Powdered Sugar
2 TB Milk
1 drop Red food Coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
2. Beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in extracts.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in sour cream and strawberries.
4. Divide between pans and bake 55-60 minutes, cool cakes on rack for 10 minutes.
5. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth.
6. Spoon on glaze, let stand 1 hour then remove from pans.
Compliments of Tracy Anderson