(Friday Edition) Envirotech Tasty Thursday-Black Bean and Quinoa Enchilada Bake
I wanted to try this before posting and it was really good!
4 Chicken Breast
1 Cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
2 Cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Small onion, diced
3 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Jalapeno, diced and seeds removed
1 Red pepper, diced
1 Orange pepper, diced
Juice of 1 small lime
1 Teaspoon ground cumin
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/3 Cup chopped cilantro
2 (15oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 Cups homemade enchilada sauce (you can used caned as well, 15 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease a 9X13 baking dish with coconut oil cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cook quinoa per packages instructions.
3. While quinoa is cooking, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapenos and peppers. Saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the lime juice, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, salt and pepper, Stir to combine.
4. Add the cooked quinoa, black beans and sauteed vegetables mixture to your baking dish and stir to combine.
5. Place the chicken breast on top the quinoa mixture. Drizzle with oil and salt and pepper.
6. Pour in the enchilada sauce over the chicken.
7. Cover the pan with foil. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.
This is a delicious meal, compliments of Terri Gallet.