Envirotech Tasty Thursday- Caramel/Carrot Snack Cake
1-Box Betty Crocker Gluten Free yellow cake mix
½-Cup butter, softened
½-Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1-Cup finely shredded carrots (3 medium)
Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
1 ½-Cups whipping cream
1-Cup packed brown sugar
¼-Cup butter or margarine
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, beat cake mix, water, 1/2 cup butter, the cinnamon and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in carrots and raisins. Pour batter into pan.
2. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 2 hours.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, mix all caramel sauce ingredients. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly with whisk, until rich caramel color. Remove from heat; cool 20 minutes. Place pieces of cake on individual dessert plates. Pour sauce over cake just before serving.
Courtesy Betty Croker Gluten Free Cookbook, YUMMY!!!!
Happy St. Patty Day everyone!
Do I Really Need To Clean My AC?
It’s getting to be that time of year once again, we are turning off the furnaces at our homes and businesses and will soon be needing our air conditioning systems to give us a bit of relief from the summer heat. So you may ask “Why in the world should I have my A/C cleaned before I use it?”
Here are my five main advantages to having your air conditioning systems clean and tuned before you turn it on.
1. You will enter the season with peace of mind, knowing that your equipment is ready to handle the heat of summer.
2. We will verify that the unit has the correct refrigerant charge. When the A/C is running without the proper amount of refrigerant it can and will cause major damage to the compressor and will also cost more to operate (ask yourself this question, would you drive your car from Kansas City to California and back three times when it is low on oil?) I would guess you would not, well this is about how hard our A/C units get ran during a typical summer.
3. Knowing that the electrical connections and components are all tight and working properly. Loose wiring will cause premature parts failures and this will generally happen when it is extremely hot outside (it is never fun coming home to a hot house).
4. Avoid major breakdowns in the future. There are several parts that can fail on an air conditioning unit. If we find and fix a minor issue today it will prevent many major issues in the future.
5. Lower utility bills. It is real simple a clean unit operates much better and more efficient than a dirty unit.
So a good saying to remember when you ask yourself if your A/C needs cleaned this season is “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”.
Feel free to give us a call if you have questions or would like to schedule your air conditioning services.
Envirotech Heating & Cooling
11003 W. 59th Terrace
Shawnee, KS 66203
I am sure that everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed the wonderful weather. If you forgot to set your clocks ahead this weekend I hope you got a little grief for showing up late to work today, also dont forget to replace the batteries in your smoke, fire and carbon monoxide alarms. Have a great week!!