Envirotech Tasty Thursday-Healthy Double Chocolate Cookies
1 1/2 Cups pecan halves
1 Cup dates, pitted (about 12)
6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1 Chia or flax egg (1 tablespoon ground chia or flax seeds plus 3 tablespoons water mixed)
1/2 Cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat over to 350 degree and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl of a food processor fitted withan “S” blade, process the dates and pecans together until a crumbly texture is formed. Add in the cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, vanilla and flax egg and process again until batter is smooth (it will be a bit stickier than traditional cookie dough).
2. Add in the chocolate chips and briefly pulse to combine.
3. Spoon the batter onto the lined baking sheet and use your hand to flatten gently. They will not spread much so be sure to shape the cookies the way that you would like them to look when they are done, (wet your hands to avoid stickiness).
4. Bake at 350 degree for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are firm.
5. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for approx. 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.